Martin Heffels

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:10:42 GMT, "Doc"
wrote:

I made a WMV file to e-mail a short excerpt of a project to a friend. The
first thing he said was "there's too much reverb".

It does not necessarily have to be your problem

If you want to check a soundmix, you actually need to do this on a
variety of speakers; your high-end for the mix, and check, then a
couple of low-ends + a regular tv to check for stuff which might occur
on them, which your mixing-speakers don't show, because of their
quality. Finally you should also check in mono, because some stations
are still converted to mono somewhere in the path.
Now, what also could be the case is that he has reverb switched on in
the playback software of the soundcard mixer. This will add additional
reverb. Let him check for that. And of course it could be that the
amount of reverb, is simply too much for his liking.

cheers

-martin-

--
"Now I want you to say it thrice daily and don't dress a bun"