Doc

Default Does conversion to WMV exaggerate reverb?

I made a WMV file to e-mail a short excerpt of a project to a friend. The
first thing he said was "there's too much reverb". I do notice that when
playing the WMV file sitting in front of the computer that I use for e-mail,
which has attached computer speakers of typical moderate to low quality on
either side of the monitor, the reverb is much more pronounced than playing
the actual original file through my editing computer going though the large
hi-fi speakers I use as monitors, or through headphones.

The sound card on the editing computer is a Soundblaster Audigy2, the
soundcard on the e-mail computer is a Soundblaster Live! No reverb effects
are turned on on either of these cards.

Is conversion to a WMV file known to somehow exaggerate reverb? If it makes
any difference, the reverb was added using the Acoustic Mirror plugin on
Soundforge.