rothman

Default Amplifier question - very basic

anthony wrote:

Oh and if your 12" speakers are still too soft you can add another pair in
parallel or powered by a separate amp.

That is another question. My speakers do have an extra jack that it says is
wired in parallel. Can you simply daisy chain speakers without adding
resistance on one amp? Is this a fire hazard too? They are 8 Ohm speakers.
Thanks

Doug

"anthony.gosnell" wrote in message
"rothman" wrote
Thank you Scott...I was worried about starting a fire.

I want to get more power to two 12" speakers with an 8 Ohm load. My amps

put
out best at 4 Ohms. It's for rehearsal and the 200 watts stereo from a 4

Ohm
amp to 8 Ohm speakers is not loud enough to do vocals over all our

noise.

So use parallel?

The first thing I would experiment is with the placement of all of your
speakers. (Including those on guitar amps etc.)

A speaker on a guitar amp can be heard much more clearly when it is
reasonably close to and pointing at your ear. There are stands which are
made to elevate and tilt combo's but you can also use chairs and tables

etc.
or just lean the amp back against a wall.

Now that everyone has their amp pointed in the right direction you will

find
that the amplifiers can all be turned down a few notches and everyone can
hear a lot better. Please remember this when performing live too.

Oh and if your 12" speakers are still too soft you can add another pair in
parrallel or powered by a seperate amp.
You might also think about arranging your music so that their is some

space
for the vocals.

--
Anthony Gosnell