Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default 4 mics compared, Schoeps, Shure, and CAD

Fran Guidry wrote:

| Thanks for commenting, Peter. I emailed you the key.

It is a very interesting test because it highlights the difference in
spatial rendering between the microphones and that it is very important also
when close miking.

Somewhere in this thread it has been said ... as I remember it ... by
somebody that you can negate the influence of the room by going closer to
the guitar. Sorry ... no way, the guitars own sound is influenced by the
room as well as by sounds around it. I got a fine demonstration recording at
a chamber music concert, cello + concert grand. Before the intermission the
concert grand was almost closed, resulting in one cello sound and after the
intermission it was open, resulting in a quite different cello sound.

| Fran

Kind regards

Peter Larsen