Posted to rec.audio.pro
drichard drichard is offline

Default 4 mics compared, Schoeps, Shure, and CAD

Hi Fran,

I look forward to knowing which mic is which. I took a little time to
write down some observations, but since I don't own any of the four
mics listed and don't know what the instrument sounded like in the
room, I would only be guessing when trying to pick which mic made each
recording. But the differences, which seemed subtle at first, don't
seem so subtle after a few listens. Each of the four made a nice
recording.

I liked #1 best, followed by #3.

When will you post the identities?

Thanks,

Dean

On Jun 28, 1:45*pm, Fran Guidry wrote:
I've posted comparison tests here before and you fine folks have
helped me find the flaws in my methodology grin. Hopefully this time
I had all the switches in the right directions.

The mics a
CAD M179
Schoeps CMC64
Shure KSM44
Shure KSM141

Here are the clips:http://www.homebrewedmusic.com/audio...20090626-I.wav

They're not in the same order, of course.

Here's a link to a blog post demonstrating the method of testing:http://www.homebrewedmusic.com/2009/...on-a-tutorial/

If you post your idea of the identity of the clips here or on the
blog, or email me with the info, I'll shoot the key back to you.

Franhttp://www.kaleponi.comhttp://www.homebrewedmusic.com