Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

Default Home Studio Sound treatment/Sound Proofing Question

"Powell" wrote in message

| "Scott Dorsey" wrote
|
| Before I waste valuable time, as I understand it, the
| Dolby web site contain some document you vaguely
| recall but have no title or link to. In addition this
| document will contain essential information to me such
| as where in my specific facility/room testing will take
| place, what testing microphone type will be used,
| signal generator algorithm, ect.... the overall
| methodology such that I can assure my certification
| before actual testing takes place ...
|
| No, that information is contained in the manual which you can request
| from the Dolby team. Clearly you are reading the words that I wrote but
| you are not understanding the meaning of them. Either that or you are
| deliberately lying.
|
| The Dolby website has this:
| http://www.dolby.com/professional/mo...er_studio.html
|
| Mmmm... no. I'm looking for this:
| http://www.thx.com/company/index.html
|
| "THX PROFESSIONAL STUDIO CERTIFICATION"
|
| It has just occurred to me that Dolby and THX may be
| different companies or systems.
|
| "The certification program enables sound designers to work
| in optimal environments for sound recording, mixing and
| mastering. It provides them with confidence, knowing that
| they have creative control and quality assurance during
| audio mixing and monitoring sessions. Today, some of the
| world's premier audio mixing studios and screening rooms
| are THX Certified, including Skywalker Sound at
| Lucasfilm's Skywalker Ranch and Peter Jackson's Park
| Road Post in New Zealand."
|

| You are putting words into my mouth
| again. Stop lying.
|
| Is this your overall position, Scott?
|
| No, it is not.
|
| If you say so, Scott.
|

| An associate assures me that
| based his research of companies which will actually
| build and warrant such facilities is very expensive...
|
| Of course. It's very expensive to build good rooms,
| and since the criteria almost certainly include isolation,
| it's probably much more expensive to build a room that
| meets the Dolby specifications than to build an effective
| studio.
|
| More debate-speak. You make gross generalizations
| about acoustic fixes. But when pressed you can't
| support your boilerplate.
|

| Go back, read what I wrote, and stop lying about what I said.
| People don't like liars.
|
| "People"... who do you personally speake for on this board,
| Scott? You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own
| facts or personal ownership of this board. .
|

| $120-250 per square. You seriously underestimate
| the finances and labor involved in certification.
| Your best advice so far "bookshelves."
|
| No, that wasn't my advice at all. You're putting words in
| my mout again. Stop lying.
|
| Quack, quack, quack... Please learn to use your
| news filter.

Mr. Powell, this is one of the most useful forums for audio on the Internet.
One of the reasons is that there are so few posters like yourself,
uninformed, arrogant, and abusive; and, so many contributors who share their
knowledge and real experience like Scott , who has treated you far better
than you deserve. You persist in making a spectacle of yourself? Please
leave. Scott, your feeding a troll.

Steve King

Steve King