Posted to rec.audio.pro
Powell Powell is offline

Default Home Studio Sound treatment/Sound Proofing Question

"Scott Dorsey" wrote

Before I waste valuable time, as I understand it, the
Dolby web site contain some document you vaguely
recall but have no title or link to. In addition this
document will contain essential information to me such
as where in my specific facility/room testing will take
place, what testing microphone type will be used,
signal generator algorithm, ect.... the overall
methodology such that I can assure my certification
before actual testing takes place ...

No, that information is contained in the manual which you can request
from the Dolby team. Clearly you are reading the words that I wrote but
you are not understanding the meaning of them. Either that or you are
deliberately lying.

The Dolby website has this:
http://www.dolby.com/professional/mo...er_studio.html

Mmmm... no. I'm looking for this:
http://www.thx.com/company/index.html

"THX PROFESSIONAL STUDIO CERTIFICATION"

It has just occurred to me that Dolby and THX may be
different companies or systems.

"The certification program enables sound designers to work
in optimal environments for sound recording, mixing and
mastering. It provides them with confidence, knowing that
they have creative control and quality assurance during
audio mixing and monitoring sessions. Today, some of the
world's premier audio mixing studios and screening rooms
are THX Certified, including Skywalker Sound at
Lucasfilm's Skywalker Ranch and Peter Jackson's Park
Road Post in New Zealand."

You are putting words into my mouth
again. Stop lying.

Is this your overall position, Scott?

No, it is not.

If you say so, Scott.

An associate assures me that
based his research of companies which will actually
build and warrant such facilities is very expensive...

Of course. It's very expensive to build good rooms,
and since the criteria almost certainly include isolation,
it's probably much more expensive to build a room that
meets the Dolby specifications than to build an effective
studio.

More debate-speak. You make gross generalizations
about acoustic fixes. But when pressed you can't
support your boilerplate.

Go back, read what I wrote, and stop lying about what I said.
People don't like liars.

"People"... who do you personally speake for on this board,
Scott? You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own
facts or personal ownership of this board. .

$120-250 per square. You seriously underestimate
the finances and labor involved in certification.
Your best advice so far "bookshelves."

No, that wasn't my advice at all. You're putting words in
my mout again. Stop lying.

Quack, quack, quack... Please learn to use your
news filter.