Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Home Studio Sound treatment/Sound Proofing Question

In article , Powell wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote
Before I waste valuable time, as I understand it, the
Dolby web site contain some document you vaguely
recall but have no title or link to. In addition this
document will contain essential information to me such
as where in my specific facility/room testing will take
place, what testing microphone type will be used,
signal generator algorithm, ect.... the overall
methodology such that I can assure my certification
before actual testing takes place ...

No, that information is contained in the manual which you can request
from the Dolby team. Clearly you are reading the words that I wrote but
you are not understanding the meaning of them. Either that or you are
deliberately lying.

The Dolby website has this:
http://www.dolby.com/professional/mo...er_studio.html

which does in fact mention that they will provide you with the manual
and with the nifty calculator.

because as
you wrote it is only "calculation".

No, that is not what I wrote. You are putting words into my mouth
again. Stop lying.

Is this your
overall position, Scott?

No, it is not. If you will go back to my posting and read what I wrote,
it was very precise. I claimed that Dolby would send you on request
a manual which describes the criteria for certification, and a nifty
calculator that does things like room mode calculation. This web site
states this to be the case.

An associate assures me that
based his research of companies which will actually
build and warrant such facilities is very expensive...

Of course. It's very expensive to build good rooms, and since the
criteria almost certainly include isolation, it's probably much more
expensive to build a room that meets the Dolby specifications than
to build an effective studio. But that's really neither here nor there,
since, as I point out, the Dolby requirements relate to rooms that don't
have all that much in common with a music studio. You appear to have
misread that statement as well.

Go back, read what I wrote, and stop lying about what I said. People
don't like liars.

$120-250 per square. You seriously underestimate
the finances and labor involved in certification.
Your best advice so far "bookshelves."

No, that wasn't my advice at all. You're putting words in my mout again.
Stop lying.