Mark Zarella

Default Cold temperatures vs. sub surround

It's been anywhere between 20 and -12 degrees farenheit where I live for
the
last two weeks. Will pushing my subs hard at that temperature hurt the
surrounds before they've had a chance to warm up? Should I listen at a
lower volume until they've come up in temp a little? 2 Soundstream

EXACT10s
in an aperiodic box.

Tony

Yes! Especially, if they're rubber surrounds. They will start to
crack. A friend of mind asked me that same question. I told him to
wait a 1/2 hour or so until it warms up back there.

Most car rides are under half an hour. I think it's a bit silly to refrain
from using your car stereo in the wintertime.

(I live in the northeast and I've never ever run into this problem)