rpgonzalez

Default "Best" SQ subs?

It depends. What inherent advantage do you feel a w7 has? Keep in min
my
other comments regarding power handling and linear xmax.

The w7 is supposed to have much better SQ than other JL's. Although
personally disagree.. I think the whole line of JL audio subs is geare
towards more throw and less accuracy. I have witnesses W7's i
different enclosures, although the JL character remains the same. And
formed this opinion by listening, not formed the opinion then listened
I dont know how these guys engineer the differences.. but I have bee
able to identify a JL just by getting in a strangers car.

You can easily get any sub to "hit lower" than a Shiva if you had th
right
box and a sub with the right excursion capabilities.

wouldnt excursion capabilitiy be a characteristic of the woofer and no
the box?

"Sense" or hear?

sorry, I f*cked that whole part up. I really wanted to go into detai
about the "down to 15 Hz" statement, but I was at work and just thre
something in... something that Im sorry to say insulted many people'
intelligence (probably). Really, I wanted to touch upon the fact tha
the sub Steve was referring to that goes down to 15Hz is probably no
noticeable in real life. Yes, the bottom line is 15 Hz, but there i
also a drop off rate preceeding that 15 Hz. Maybe the sub start
dropping off @ 50Hz. Lets say both a 15Hz sub and a 20Hz sub star
dropping at 50Hz. By the time you get to the range between 15Hz an
20Hz, the differences should be... negligible. i can eloborate mor
maybe, but I have to play ratchet and clank now..
-
rpgonzale
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17119