sancho

Default "Best" SQ subs?

rpgonzalez wrote:

dissssssagreeeeeee..... "compensating" and changing a box for TS is
different from how a sub is manufactured to sound. To say that the
differences between woofers is negligible is ludicrous. so I can make
my kicker sound as good as a w7?

please enlighten us... might you quantify the ways in which a kicker is
not as 'good' as a w7?

This would have to be true using the
word "negligible." I have heard this argument before... and its usually
from people who make boxes for a living. I tested this theory out with
various combos.

The first time I tested this was when an installer tried to convice me
that a W0 in his custom box will "blow away" a W3 in a pre-fab. HA! The
result...well, I ended up with my W3 in the pre-fab. Other examples I
have include making boxes and switching woofers in a HT application.
The Shiva hit lower than any sub in any box. Back to the W3... I
eventually made and tried other boxes in an effort to achieve desirable
SQ. But it never happened.. the W3 loves to hit hard... its engineered
that way! Even the W7 sounds flabby compared to my Velodyne
servo-driven sub... and my new.....

IDQ12 !!!! This sub is running less power now.. and I put it in the
cheapest POS pre-fab box I could find just for testing purposes. Can
you say cardboard? Whatever the case... the IDQ is an SQ dream. Just as
promised by all the wonderful CAF members.

are you familiar with the phrase 'anecdotal evidence'?

In conclusion: the answer is... IDQ12.

isn't he precious?

oh.. and ps. I think humans cannot sense anything below 20hz. I may be
wrong!
--
rpgonzalez
CarASSioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online!

you may indeed
--
sancho
this post was intended for usenet, if you are reading this post on a