Mike Rivers

In article .net writes:

in close miking a classical guitars (noise block) , it's it
better to use small diaphragm or large diaphragm or is it either I dammed?
I have 2 cad 100's and AT4040 and Sony Stereo Mic. but I don't have small
diaphragm ( none to borrow)

My first choice would be one of each. I often start with a small
diaphragm mic (usually KM84) near where the neck meets the body and a
large diaphragm mic (usually U87) in the area of the bridge, usually a
little lower (off center, toward toward the floor) but looking
slightly toward the sound hole rather than perpendicualr to the top.

But if you don't have a small diaphragm mic, you can't do that. Just
experiement with what you have. You might want to try the 4040 near
the neck joint and use the Sony for a little crispness. No formulas,
just reasonable places to start your experiments.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )