Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Problem With Sony RX55 3-CD changer

"Nemo" wrote...
I am having a problem playing cds on my system ie the cds skip tracks
even on new cds bought from shops. It seems to have most trouble with
the later half of the cd (tracks 5+) but that is not always the case.
I've tried keeping the speakers away from it and checking for dust on
the cd-lens.

If it is having problems on the outside (last half) of the disc, the
problem may be the sled, especially on older equipment. The
service manual appears to be available online. It might be a
matter of cleaning and/or lubricating the sled track, etc.