Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default light fader recommendations for studio rooms?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Dude Japan wrote:

$100? that's crazy for a switch! I guess I'll settle for a simple
switch. Is there nothing else?

You _might_ find a Variac surplus for $100, but you won't find anything
new in that range, and you should count on a couple hundred bucks for
a vented NEMA box.

Typical studio installs will actually have motor-operated variacs in
an equipment closet somewhere, with remote control buttons on the studio
wall. This gets even the autotransformer box out of the studio.

My friend who does studio installs uses variable voltage DC lighting using an
adjustable output SMPS with 12V halogen fixtures.

Now *that* is silent.

Aside from the RF hash from the switching supply!

It's in the machine room with all the PCs and Macs and ethernet hubs, telecoms,
etc......

Graham