Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default light fader recommendations for studio rooms?

Dude Japan wrote:

$100? that's crazy for a switch! I guess I'll settle for a simple
switch. Is there nothing else?

You _might_ find a Variac surplus for $100, but you won't find anything
new in that range, and you should count on a couple hundred bucks for
a vented NEMA box.

Typical studio installs will actually have motor-operated variacs in
an equipment closet somewhere, with remote control buttons on the studio
wall. This gets even the autotransformer box out of the studio.