Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] blackburst@aol.com is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

On 2008-11-20 said:
* *Wow, I stepped on a nerve.
NOT knowing your background Jack and I may have come off a
bit harsh, but I don't find the Mackie/Behringer stuff that
much value for money, but, you and your board of directors
have to make that call g.

Most of my Directors are just average townies: retired police officer,
retired accountant, nurse, janitor, wedding video guy, but one of them
is manager of a regional news network, and he has very strong tecnical
opinions. The 32-in Mackie was purchased from his network, at his
urging (which now has an intermittent left channel dropout, and some
really hinky faders and buttons). When he techno-speaks, all of the
others are wowed, and I have to accommodate that. Worst thing is that
he leads me in some direction, I do the research, then he changes his
mind and humiliates me for looking in that direction!

* *The dowel/pencil idea was one of the things I was looking for. That
* *just might work.
Yep, just might, I"ve seen it used for this before.

Somehwere I saw some (custom-made, I guess) metal screwed-on clips.

* *And yes, I do check mono compatibility! I came into TV from the
* *audio world about 25 years ago.

Cool! *SOme don't and it always bugs me when they don't and
I"m sitting in a motel room somewhere trying to listen to
something on a mono tv, which is the only time i pay any
attention to a television.

BT (before television) I was a home recordist and recording studio
lizard. Even though I'm out-of-the-loop on certain current audio
trends, I still know the basics very well. It was BATTLE to get the
cable provider to allow me to broadcast in stereo. Now, despite their
aggressive marketing of digital and hi-def cable service, I'm having a
devil of a time getting them to accept my HD-SDI signals for our 4 TV
channels.

* *Just asking for info. No need to bite my head off. Yes, I run an
Understood. *WE get all skill and experience levels here,
and access tv and the volunteer world are notorious for
trying to make every fastener a nail because the only tools
they see available are hammers.

There are some of us out here who are not Wayne's World, or two-chairs-
and-a-plant. My channels are often held up as good examples. In all
humility, I haven't looked for a job for about 20 years. They keep
being offered to me.

Right now, I'm a juggler, trying to keep all the balls in the air:
Trying to spend some decent money but not look like a freewheeler,
trying to please Board, towns, viewers, volunteers and myself. So far,
everybody is pleased with my digtal hi-def rebuild: razor-sharp eye-
candy, but way under budget. So yeah, I'm very fussy about the audio
quality.

As I stated, my goal here is get a board that will be easy for the
much-maligned volunteers to use, but offer lots of potential for those
of us who know a lot of audio tricks. We did a show last night: live
from 3 locations, proper mix-minuses via phone to the satellite
locations, viewer phone-in, cuts to another network, live band, 6
talent, IFBs (some wireless), the whole schmear. It actually worked.
We didn't have the CNN Hologram, though...

Regards,

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
*Historical review of Pennsylvania

a good captain is hoisting his first drink in a bar
when the storm hits