Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Cleaning up/Enhancing Audio

Chad wrote:
Hello everyone!

Does any one know of any good books, or be willing to teach me, how to
clean up audio? I have some audio experience, but I have not had to
do any editing/mixing/mastering in some time. What I have is audio
from a digital audio recorder, but I need to enhance some of the audio
on the recorder. I have Goldwave and Audacity as my primary audio
editors.

If you need any additional information, just let me know.

Thanks!

What for? And what's the problem?

Cleaning up a recording of a voice so you can understand what's being
said uses totally different techniques to cleaning up an instrumental
track so you can blend it into a mix, and may sound awful, but it will
be understandable. Removing or reducing single tones is easier then
removing broadband noise. Removing excessive reverberation (As when your
recorder was too far awqay from the source) is impossible, though there
are sometimes ways to make it sound a bit better.

Can you post a sample somewhere?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.