John Atkinson

George Middius wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
Things have gone downhill so far at Stereophile, that mere
mention of level matching, time synch and bias controls on
almost all of Stereophile's forums comes with a promise of
severe sanctions.

Really? If I were the one laying the "sanctions", my first
choice would be to banish a reviewer to Michigan for a week
of audio torture.

Arny is not being totally forthcoming with the truth, George.
There are no "sanctions" on the forums at www.stereophile.com.
Instead, we decided to implement the same rule that r.a.h-e
applies wrt blind testing comments: that they be restricted to
threads that are specifically _about_ blind testing. In other
threads, posters are free to make comments about sound quality
without being subjected to demands for "proof" and questions
along the lines of "how many blind tests have you performed to
be so sure of what you say?"

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile