George Middius

The Rev. Kroofeces takes a dump and prepares to deliver a sermonette.

Auto speed is measurable. My perceptions are not.

Perceptions come in at least two different flavors: naive
and informed.

IOW, some have faith in what they can't perceive, and others don't.

Things have gone downhill so far at Stereophile, that mere
mention of level matching, time synch and bias controls on
almost all of Stereophile's forums comes with a promise of
severe sanctions.

Really? If I were the one laying the "sanctions", my first choice would be to
banish a reviewer to Michigan for a week of audio torture. "Get thee to the
Krooborg's hovel, and listen ye well to the cacophony of a Hive-approved system,
and stay ye there until ye have learned thy lesson!" And that lesson would be
that "level matching" is the first step on the road to audio 'borgism.