Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_11_] Chuck[_11_] is offline

Default NY

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 22:47:23 -0600, Les Cargill
wrote:

Trevor wrote:
On 9/01/2020 6:11 am, Don Pearce wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 08:55:04 -0800, Tobiah wrote:

We also group decades by saying the 20's, 30's..* I'd hate to have to
remember that a song written in 1960 was really part of the 50's.

Any mathematician will tell you numbers begin at zero, NOT end at zero.

As a programmer, I'm a subscriber to that view.* So 1960 was the zeroth
year of the 60's * The 60's was a decade that began Jan 1st 1960, and
ended just before Jan 1st 1970.* The birth of Jesus has nothing to do
with it.* No one said that we are starting the 202nd decade since then.
It's that we are starting a new decade that if of note to many people.

So what was the first year of the first decade in our current CE
reckoning? No need to bring mythical figures into it - straight
question.

Friday, 15 October 1582 for the Gregorian Calendar!

Meh. They went broke.

https://kfor.com/2018/12/05/8-millio...bby-finalized/

That's too bad. I saw the most amazing collection of gold jewelry
owned by the Catholic Church there about 20 years ago.