John Durbin

Default Directed Amplifiers

Again, you show your ignorance... please refer to my response to John,
who will certainly "get it" as he clearly has a well above average idea
what he's talking about.

JD

Captain Howdy wrote:

Isn't that the truth.

und "alive" or more "natural". JD, talk to your sages on this one.

This one wasn't DEI's call originally, but too much internal signal
processing can often lead to loss of channel seperation and degredation of
S/N. Amplifiers should amplify. Signal processors should signal process.
Being all things to all men is not a good thing. I recall an old addage,
"Jack of all trades, Master of none". If you want to win the hearts and
minds of all those who believe in "the old school PPI", then I suggest you
return to basics.

PPI is now just another name in a long list of names under
the umbrella of DEI. It is now in effect lost like tears in rain.

PPI was once great, perhaps it can be again.