Richard Kuschel

Default Review - Peavey AMR 2400 console

Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?

I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
up one if the $$ is right.

How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
32. 8buss.

Greatly appreciated!!

I have the smaller console the 1600, which is the same except for the # of
channels and submasters.

What you will need to do is dis-assemble the board and clean every fader,
switch and pot with Caig DeOxit.

This is a board that you can do this channel at a time.

Unlike modern boards, this one can be worked on and upgraded easily as the
system is modular.

The only thing that I find disconcerting on my board is that the monitor sends
on the monitor section are post fader, but that is a minor annoyance.

The preamps are very good and the EQ is usable, which puts it head and
shoulders above the Mackie.

If you called me at the studio next week, I would be happy to discuss it with
you.

There was a 2400 for sale on this newsgroup a few days ago.
Richard H. Kuschel