Patrick Turner

John Byrns wrote:

In article , Patrick Turner
wrote:

Anyone have any experience in driving 6CA7
in either tetrode, triode, or UL, into class AB2?
The 6CA7 is supposed to be equal to EL34.
EL34 don't much like AB2; but since the
6CA7 is a tetrode, not a pentode, perhaps, like the 6L6,
AB2 operation is perhaps fine.

Why is it that the EL34 doesn't like AB2 operation, what happens that is bad?

Good question.
I have never really tried to push an EL34 hard into grid current.
But perhaps the 6CA7 is different, since it is a beam tetrode, not a pentode.
I was wondering who had experience of this, or whether
I will have to try it out myself to see if AB2 works as well as it does say with
807, or 6L6.

Patrick Turner.

Regards,

John Byrns