Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Sydney gal makes good

Hi,

things are quiet here lately, so maybe it's OK for me to celebrate a local lass from the suburbs of Sydney, who has made a bit of name for herself on the world Jazz-Rock music scene.

Some of you may already know her from the "Jeff Beck Band", in particular the "Live at Ronnie Scotts" DVD - she's the short, red haired, teen looking gal playing electric bass - who smiled and pulled striking faces a lot.

Well 12 years on, she is now a seasoned professional who has played with nearly every big name in the business, both live and for recording sessions.

See this live vid of her own band opening a recent gig in Boston for the famous "The Who" rock band - an odd combination I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04W5CMZUHZs

Listen on headphones, if you can - she pretty much plays the ass of that vintage Fender Precision while singing a cool song she wrote.

Who knew she could even sing at all? Waiting till 30 to first record an excellent singing voice is plain weird.

Think I agree with the comment:

" This is what heavy airplay, top 40, pop music would sound like if we lived in a musically literate society. "

Anyhow, for the terminally curious here is an interview with Tal that might satisfy. Her cute accent is half and half - Australian and West Cost.

Here is another fine song, live in a studio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzK2CTjKDw

..... Phil