Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Question re proper sealing of woofers with enclosure

Rick Ruskin wrote:

---------------------

The low end of my JBL 4315's sounds sounds less tight and defined
after having the 12" drivers refoamed.

** So there is now more low bass.

No. Slightly less bass and less defined bass,

** Makes no sense.

Tight and defined = less low bass and more upper bass.

The *definition" is in the harmonics and transients.

Impact sources like kick drums sound about right.

** So what is you gripe exactly ?

I just want to know if a poor seal would make that difference

** Not a chance.

Small air leaks can create noises noticeable with sine wave testing.

..... Phil

---
https://www.avg.com