Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Questions

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 10:34:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Ok, the multitracks are interesting.
The early Beatles "stereo" were made before consoles
Had pan pots so they are not really mixes as Scott mentioned.
I happen to like that style but it is a matter of opinion.

Mark

I'm talking of the times when The Shadows were BIG in the UK. They have decent stereo! I know many could record multi-track, but couldn't mix it to stereo. Atlantic Records was that way, before Tom Down (RIP) fixed things. I know The Beatles overdubbed a lot, that is what destroyed any hope for decent stereo.

Thanks.