View Single Post
  #14   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Questions

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 8:35:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
What are these clips you have posted?
Mark

Mark, I'm HEAVILY into the Uncommon aspect of US Top 40. I attempt to find anything and everything that is odd about any song rendition, audio quality, unedited, stereo, count-off, you name it. A friend at work, who knows I'm heavily into this habit told me about some multi-tracks by the rolling Stones on YouTube. Sure enough, they were. When him and I went to find the YouTube post, it was deleted, I assume by request of ABKCO Records.

Anyway, I wondered where these multi-tracks were coming from. Long story short, about 2008, someone had a nifty idea for an interactive video game. You participate by playing a certain instrument or even sing. You just remove whatever you are replacing. However, it requires multi-tracks. I went internet hunting and found a bunch, lots of unreleased (US Top 40) versions etc.., right up my alley. They requiring mixing, so that what I do, mix them, not to sound like the same ol' version, but something new. I say, Paul McCartney's (Wings) Band On The Run stereo version could have been more stereo appetizing!! Bonus mix was a joke on his Deluxe CD album version.

Jack