Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Questions

In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
geoff wrote:
Vinyl v. CD has little to do with sound quality. More 'nostalgia. Record
vinyl critcally to CD, and the CD playback will sound pretty much
identical to the vinyl.

Quite. Do the reverse, and the resulting LP no longer sounds like the
CD.

It's something every single engineer knew from the first days of
digital. If not, doesn't deserve the title of engineer.

Sadly, in the first days of digital, it wasn't the case. How quickly
people forget just how far we have come. --scott

Perhaps I should have said from when digital was first used as a recording
method in my industry.

Didn't mean to suggest it was the universal panacea some think of it
today.

Working in broadcasting I tended only to see products which were already
proved, rather than new technology at its onset.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.