Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default Diodes, triodes, and negative feedback

Ian Bell wrote

Consider a resistor as a cylinder of material with a metallic
cathode
bonded to one end and a metallic anode bonded to the other end. If
you
apply a positive potential between the anode and the cathode, an
electric
field will be established between the electrodes and electrons will
begin
drift inside the cylinder, creating a current flow. If the power
supply
has significant output resistance, the supply voltage will drop,
reducing
the
electric field within the body of the resistor and modulating the
current.
In
other words, negative feedback. Or is it feedback?

I don't believe anyone would write such rubbish let alone believe
it - one
of the worst examples of pseudo-science I have come across.

It reads like a question to me. Perhaps you can explain your answer?

Ian