Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Full Music 211 tube failure

On Aug 18, 4:44*am, charles rollo charles.rollo.
wrote:
Thanks for the response. A firecracker for sure. No the Opera Cyber 211
amp has no protection circuit. The tube shorted. Since the amp has no
protection circuit and the tubes have a history IMO Grant Fidelity
should have never sold me the tubes. They sell the Amp as well.
My NOS tubes have zero issues were less expensive and are still going
strong. Never again.
Thanks for the link, I will have my tech take a look and design a
protection circuit. Are you in the US ?

I'm in Australia.

http://www.turneraudio.com.au

I'd be happy to design a suitable protection circuit for you if you
can forward a .GIF image of the schematic of your amp.

You should be able to have a tech where you are build the little
circuit board and install it. Usually there is room under the chassis
- where the makers should have originally installed something to stop
you hating them :-) !

Patrick Turner.

charles

--