Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default A Stupid Idea

At my wesbite I have around 100 odd different types of OPTs for sale
at prices similar to the lowest common denominator *prices charged by
Hammond Engineering. The OPT mainly have C-cores and plenty of
interleaving but the interest from DIYer is almost ZERO.

In fact the total weight of all the transformers I have for sale is
over 1 tonne, and after 18 months I have sold two pairs and used
another two pairs in amps I have made for customers. At this rate when
I die in 10 months or 10 years there will still be a huge pile of
unsold trannys here and they will all go to the re-cyclers for the
cppper and iron if nobody buys them, and I strongly doubt anyone ever
will, even if I reduced the price by -12dB.

Last I checked you were wanting considerably more than new Lars
Lundahl items. Those are a known quantity. I'd buy some if the price
were right, certainly at just over scrap price.