Default How do I test my 5-year-old battery with a digital multi voltmeter for replacement?

My battery seems to be dying an awfully lot lately if I leave my interior
lights on for a few hours while working or if I listen to my tunes with the
motor off.My battery is about 5 years or so, how log is the life span of a
standard battery with and without a little bump?

I here auto zone will test your battery for free. I have a digital multi
voltmeter so I figure I can do it myself without letting some punk kid
seeing the # 0 gauge cable I have running back to my rear of my van. I can't
be sure but don't you just check for voltage drop?

I checked the Sears web site to find a recommended battery for my van and
they said I needed a 100 AMP replacement. If I chose to upgrade what size
should I get to increase playtime with the engine off. I'm not interested in
getting a second battery; I am very limited on space this is for a work van.
Can someone kindly recommend some good brands/models of battery's and are
there any specific brands/models I should stay clear of ?

Thanks for any help