Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Recording Magazine Spotlight

On 1/02/2018 7:28 AM, polymod wrote:
I've been hanging around this place for quite a few years....mostly just
trying to listen and learn. There are a few people here who I have the
utmost respect for.
One magazine I read on a regular basis is Recording Magazine. I
especially enjoy the articles by some of those people. Being a lifelong
musician, I've always respected the workers on the other side of the glass.

So, last week I finally got up the muster to send in a track of my music
to Recording Magazine to be considered for their reader spotlight
column. There reviews are always very honest and I was ready and willing
to be schooled.
Long story short, I was contacted today that my track made the cut.

Thought I'd share it here if anyone was interested the review as well as
some old time prog ;-)

http://recordingmag.com/readers-trac...igno-epiphone/

poly aka Larry Benigno

---

Hey Poly

Good to see Prog Rock lives ;- )

I'd have gone for a meatier lead guitar sound, but I've only listened on
crappy computer desktop speakers so far ...

Drums amazing considering on a keyboard. Have you tried a MIDI drum pad
set ? I cheaply set up a used OctoPad with external triggers triggering
from Remo practice pads with cheap piezo buzzer 'diaphragms' under the
skins.

cheers

geoff