Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Before criticizing the revival of what you consider to be an 'oldthread'...

On 25/01/2018 2:28 AM, wrote:
THINK:

1. Does that old post contain information that might be valuable
to someone other than yourself?
2. Does it interest someone other than yourself?

3. Would it make a change in the life/lives of anyone
besides you?

4. Does it reasonably condense or bring together dialogue
or information about a particular subject, vs. creating
multiple new threads or posts about the same thing?

I am sick and tired every time some slack-jaw comes along
and interjects "this is an old thread", or, "that post is 10-20-however
many years- old".

Think about someone ELSE for a change, outside of your own
narrow little world, before contributing negatively to a conversation
that others, beside yourself, might find helpful or useful. And
if you have nothing to contribute to the dialogue besides "dude,
you're replying to a old thread" - keep that to yourself, and scroll
the F- along.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read this.

Dear Mr Sick And Tired,

I take it you are referring to my light-hearted and humorous (remember
humour - or humor if one is a yank) response to that deeply historical
post the other day.

Certainly, if the post is about something useful, asks or answers a
question that remains relevant, or isn't already answered in the ancient
thread - a thread that nobody would ever come across unless searching
for the subject specifically.

Makes a change from flat line hyper-compression whinges at least (BTW we
nearly all loathe that abomination).

geoff