Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default MOSFET output stage

Don Pearce wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Don Pearce wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Don Pearce wrote:

You get crossover distortion whatever the topology.
The mosfet curves match into each other far far better, plus you're already using more

feedback too. That amp I designed, quite seriously had invisible crossover distortion on an AP
analyser's output.

I'm sure it did, but that is the amp, not the output stage. See my next
post.

What good is an amp without an output stage ? Or vice-versa. I'm not interested in how many fairies

can dance on the head of a pin. I'm intereted in real products you can build reliably in quantity
production..

We're talking about the difference between fet and bipolar output
stages. It is simple to reduce distortions in amplifiers with either to
negligible proportions, which is why, for the purposes of the chat, it
is necessary to restrict the chat to output stages per se.

I don't recall that being the OP's question.

Care to run a sim of the harmonic spectrum of a bipolar output stage vs lateral mosfet ?

Graham