Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Such a pleasure

PStamler wrote: "Hi folks:

I've been working on digitizing and cleaning up an
album from 1981 that I'd say was done right; the engineers
held back on the compression and limiting, and the album
has decent dynamic range. As in a crest factor of 14dB, ehich is
more that 99% of my LPs have, snd more than 99% of my
CDs. And it sounds clear and natural as anything I've heard.
The album is "Fennigmania" by Fennig's All-Star String Band,
and I'm busy digiizing because the co-founder of the band,
hammered dulcimerf player Bill Spence, just passed on,
and I want to play the album on the radio."

Great to hear! In your transfer process just remember, no
excessive processing, no compressor or limiter, no steam
roller - the radio station chain will do all that anyway!

(Which will vitiate the great engineering, but that's built into
the format. Ya do what you can.)

A great recording, as what you described above, will shine
through on any format! Remember: The great differentiator
is the amount of and types of processing.