Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Beacom[_4_] Michael Beacom[_4_] is offline

Default Here's a weird one...

On 2017-07-24 23:03:41 +0000, Scott Dorsey said:
Maybe but.... is there leakage or were they made in isolation?

It was a live concert, and both were working their mic pretty closely.
There some guitar, but no vocal bleed.

No monitor bleed at all?

I did a little more tinkering, and found a more probable explanation.
Shifting one of the vocals offset the peaks, so they didn't add
together, and distort. It's annoying that it wasn't enough to trigger
the overload light.

Could be. What happens if you knock the levels down 6dB at the
multitrack, before mixing?

What happens if you low pass both vocal tracks, say around 75 Hz?
--scott

The problem is fixed, and now I can't recreate it.
I tried a new workflow that added a gain plugin, and discovered
something new to watch for.

Thanks again for your help,
Mike