Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Here's a weird one...

On 2017-07-24 13:24:26 +0000, Scott Dorsey said:

Michael Beacom wrote:
So, I'm mixing harmonizing lead & backup vocals. And only one phrase
sounds distorted. So I listened to each track individualy, they sound
clean. And I muted each voice, and they are clean. I lowered the backup
vocal to make it less noticable. Is there a better fix?

Is there leakage between the two channels, or were they made in isolation?

If you shift them by 1ms, does everything change?

Or are you clipping the mix buss?
--scott

My guess was that the two voices were beating against each other, so I
tried shifting the voices by a few ms (5-10), and that helped.
I did notice that if I shifted farther away from the sweet spot, it
sounded much worse.

Thanks for the help,
Mike

Maybe your first recording?