Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Here's a weird one...

On 24/07/2017 5:25 PM, Michael Beacom wrote:
So, I'm mixing harmonizing lead & backup vocals. And only one phrase
sounds distorted. So I listened to each track individualy, they sound
clean. And I muted each voice, and they are clean. I lowered the backup
vocal to make it less noticable. Is there a better fix?

BTW, what is going on? (I have an idea, and wonder if it will match your
explanations.)

Cheers
Mike Beacom

Waveforms randomly peaking at same instant and clipping ? You have
checked the master level I assume ?Try lowering everything and see if it
goes away.

Or both vocals soooo close that they are sounding like flanging ? I had
a vocalist once who was so exactly repeatable that doubled vocals
usually sounded like that. had to get him to deliberately not try so hard.

But I guess something like that could happen on a random basis.

geoff