Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default An amazing record

In article
,
wrote:

On Jun 4, 2:30?pm, Jenn wrote:
Speakers Corner repressing of Mercury SR90199, Respighi: ?Ancient Dances
and Airs, Dorati/Philharmonia Hungarica

I had always known about the original Mercury and its great reputation,
but somehow I had never heard it nor found a good copy. ?IMO, it's
simply fantastic. ?One of the best recordings I've heard in my home in
any media. ?There's a solo cello bit that had me experiencing the
storied "are we sure that there isn't a cello in this room" for a moment.

In this case, I don't know, but IMV some of the Speakers Corner
repressings of the Mercury LP sound better than the original in terms of
instrumental timbres.

Highly, highly recommended.

I have the CD version of the Mercury and I like it a lot. I really do
enjoy Respighi and my Reference Recordings LP of Church Windows is one
of my favorites. I'll have to check out this new pressing. Thanks!

I have the CD, too. Sounds like a find!

Stephen