Posted to rec.audio.car
SwissTony SwissTony is offline

Default What power amp do I need?

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
SwissTony wrote:
My sister got given some speakers for free and wants me to fit them into
her Ford KA.
The speakers are Pioneer TS-A6911
(http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...911/index.html)
The headunit is a Goodmans GCE7207I
(http://www.goodmans.co.uk/productdet...language=en-GB)
I have access to a 200 watt amp for free as well, but I dont think its
going to be powerful enough for it.

200W should be MORE than enough to run those speakers nicely, DEPENDING on
the specific amp. A cheap $40 amp won't actually be producing anywhere
near 200W. If you specified the amp, someone might have a better idea of
whether it will be useful for you.

Unsure of the amp as its coming from one of my sisters mates.
Tried installing without the amp as someone I spoke to said it would work
but not to their full potential.
Got a hiss but nothing else.
Then tested on the output wires for the front speakers and got sound, so I
guess my head unit is not working properly.
Off to buy a new head unit I think.