Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Cornscala?

On Apr 21, 6:35*pm, Boon wrote:
On Apr 21, 6:32 pm, Bret L wrote:

I never liked the old Klipsches until I strapped a pair of Cornwalls
to my 2wpc Yamamoto Sound Craft amp. Too much power and Cornwalls, La
Scalas and K-Horns are aggressive, forward and screechy. Mate them to
a nice 2A3 or 45 amp and they're quite a treat.

You've been listening to those godawful EV T-35 tweeters. Put in a
decent tweeter and you don't need to crap up the signal with a single
ended amp.

It's worth noting that in the tube days PWK endorsed one amp, the
Brook, which was a triode design but was push-pull. He actually had a
mod which was a damping factor mod for the model that he preferred
which Brook offered.

IMO this type of amplifier is best for highly efficient horn
speakers, I consider single ended amplifiers good only for treble
drivers in multi-amp, active crossover systems. No one makes such a
push pull, choke driver triode amp commercially. The twiode ****s
aren't interested either.