Posted to rec.audio.tech
Beta_Carotene Beta_Carotene is offline

Default Advice needed (was 'condensing water on microphones')

Dick Pierce wrote:
Beta_Carotene wrote:
If you really think that 1+1 gives you the same result that 1 OR 1
gives you, then no amount of arguing will convince you that S-N is any
different than S XOR N.

If YOU really think that Xoring will remove noise AND
leave the original signal intact, then, indeed, no amount
of fact will convince you otherwise.

Let's take your example and follow it to its absurd
conclusion. Say the signal of interest, which we
will call S, has a value of 1. And let's assume that
the noise, which we will call N, has a value of 1.
Acoustically, the result by linear superposition,
is:

1 + 1 = 10

Now, you claim, that if you XOR the noise plus signal
with the noise, and we will assume, for the purpose
of testing YOUR position, that we have the original
N, thus:

10 XOR 1 = 11

There's something wrong with your truth tables here. I shall assume you
were typing so fast, you didn't notice what you'd written.

In that light, allow me to straighten it out:

$01 + $01 = $02
$01 OR $01 = $01
$01 XOR $01 = $00
$01 AND $01 = $01