Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Advice needed (was 'condensing water on microphones')

On 10/27/2009 9:46 AM Don Pearce spake thus:

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:32:50 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

So using my original construct ([S + N] - N = S), there's no way
that using XOR instead of subtraction is going to get you there.
The nym-shifter just seems to have XOR on the brain for some
reason. (Quite possibly XOR *does* work in a similar circumstance
in video work: I don't know.)

Wouldn't have thought so. XOR is not a subtraction process in any
discipline that I am aware of. Unless he has redefined XOR, I suppose.
There is a lot of that sort of thing going on round here right about
now.

My guess is that he (assuming the nym-shifter is male) is used to
working with digital graphics, where XOR is often used, for instance, to
remove transparent backgrounds from images and such.