Posted to rec.audio.tech
Beta_Carotene Beta_Carotene is offline

Default Advice needed (was 'condensing water on microphones')

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 10/25/2009 1:59 PM Bag of Peanuts spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

The only way this could work would be if you could somehow get an
*absolutely perfect* copy of the noise to be removed from the
signal+noise recording. But of course that is impossible.

When it comes to sound, there's no such thing as "perfect anything" [...]

That's just the *point*, you nimrod.

I wouldn't want to do any "subtracting" when XOR works so much better.

Please explain how XOR would work "so much better" than subtraction
using the formula I gave:

[S + N] - N = S

where [S + N] is the signal plus noise, S is the signal only, and N is
the noise.

If you really think that 1+1 gives you the same result that 1 OR 1 gives
you, then no amount of arguing will convince you that S-N is any
different than S XOR N.

How would you use XOR to remove noise (N) from [S + N]?

I can't wait to hear your explanation. This oughta be good.

Last question: Are you a troll, as some have accused you of being? Or
are you posting this stuff in earnest?