Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bigwig bigwig is offline

Default Fingered tweets the little b*%8&^rds

On 17 Dec, 01:50, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:
"bigwig" wrote in message

Hello,
*I know this is a bit off topic for RAT but hey.
* *I dicovered a few days ago that one or both of my daughters had
taken it into their little heads that denting in my tweeters was a
good idea. They must have done one a while ago and I caught my
youngest systematically destroying the other with a christmas card. I
was displeased to say the least, only just calmed down now.
* The speakers are Monitor Audio Silver S5s. The origonal tweets
appear to be Audax units with the same mounting as these
http://seas.worldomain.net/pdf/H623.pdf
they are metal/ceramic dome and need the same mounting because they
are let into a routed out recess.
*Does anyone know of any other manufacturers tweets that will do? I
dont mind a fabric dome as they were a bit tiring and I was thinking
of replacing them at some point, just that now my hand has been
forced.
* * * * *Thanks Matt.

**Please post a photo of the original tweeter, if you are able. Even better,
supply an Audax part number. I have a quantity of NOS Audax products and I
may have the same part in stock.

--
Trevor Wilsonwww.rageaudio.com.au- Hide quoted text -

Hello Trevor,
They are part number TM025C11. I will post some photos on Flickr
later. I picked up my camera and the batterys are flat, typical.
Thanks matt.