Posted to sci.electronics.components,rec.audio.pro
Karl Engel

Default Electret and loud music

"A car with open windows and going 70 mph might generate LF sounds in the
130
dB range"

Is it fair to say that skydivers may well have severely compromised LF
hearing? It's been a long time, but from memory typical jumps give 1-1.5
mins freefall at a time, maybe 3-4 times a day, one or two days a week.
This mightn't be enough to do anything permanent - maybe cumulatively
though.

"Anahata" wrote in message
Richard Crowley wrote:

A friend of me complains her mobile mobile phone's mic doesn't work

well
since she have been to night club a few weeks ago.

Didn't get some kind of alcoholic beverege dripped into it, perhaps? :-)

If not that, at least very high humidity from being surrounded by sweaty
bodies? Electrets aren't best suited to humidity.

As for sound level, I'd have thought 95dB could easily be exceeded by
shouting in to the phone, and most mics don't suffer distortion (never
mind permanent damage) until much higher levels than that.

Anahata