N. Thornton

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover""
wrote in message

Opinions on this, especially the 2.5W amp schem at the bottom.
http://www.intio.or.jp/jf10zl/EF.htm

When the amp is idle, and there's no(?) current flowing in either
output transistor because there's no forward bias, then the V drop
'resistance' of the E-B junction adds to the 100k feedback resistor,
so the loop gain increases to the open loop gain. So it would seem
that the amp would attempt to hunt in this region, possibly
oscillating?

Depends on the op amp. I stopped taking this circuit page seriously when I
saw "741" on the upper two circuit diagrams.

Lets at least be fair, the earlier circuits on that page make it quite
clear its not an attempt at quality audio. He's playing with ideas,
and quality is not an inherent part of some designs. But the 741, I
would be in no rush to use them - maybe 20 years ago, and even then I
found 748s superior.

NT