N. Thornton

"Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" wrote in message ...

Swing thru rather quickly I would guess. And doing so with the
possibility of overcorrecting?

inevitably, since opamps are frequency and slew limited, there will
always be a little undershoot then overshoot. But this is not a
problem, it just introduces very small ultrasonic artefacts. It
happens in every class B with feedback, and is pretty much a non
issue. Note that feedback on class B doesnt eliminate distortion, it
just moves it up out of the useful frequency band.

Or hunting about trying to find a place
it can never find?

It might possibly do that during idle, but the consequences are none.
The output still stays at 0, or extremely close to it, with any
artefacts being ultrasonic. again, same as any class B with large nfb.
In practice output trs have very low gain when theyre just beginning
to conduct, so it would probably be stable in that respect.

Or having two opamps, the phase shift might be too
great at high freqs. Or..

Thats a problem, especially with a capacitive load. Combined with the
amps output R you get an RC that youre taking feedback from. However,
I've used simple clas B output tr pair plus corecting opamp before
without any problem. The problem in the design offered is the fighting
joined feedback loops - but its easily fixed.

NT