Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default People Don't Listen To Music - Turn Down Sony or Turn Down Day?

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 11:14:01 AM UTC-5, Phil W wrote:
Do NOT forget:

Thou shalt *NOT* reply to the troll - NEVER ever!!!

"LESLIE WATTS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I like the ping pong stereo on turn down day.

Les

"JackA" spammed once again

As I was telling Phil, I came across a CD at a food-store of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I think it was a Certified Hits CD. I gave it a listen, ho-hum, and stuck it on the shelf. LATER, I buy a Time-Life CD and find Mr. Bojangles on it. When it got to the lyric part, "then he clicked his heels..." and heard a nice crisp tambourine, something I never heard before, I got excited! Long story short, it was the LP/album version.

All along, I had had an early Warner CD, that included Capitol Records material. However, like most early CDs, it had no luster, but nice fidelity. So I fixed the audio to my liking, because I don't recall this version being played on radio. The "single" is about 0.5 minutes shorter...

The Dirt Band...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andream-lp.mp3

Jack